If you really want to enjoy the taste of Savory Breakfast Sausage without all the chemicals that are added to the products you purchase at a sausage factory, the secret is to make your own at home. It is not harder that making a meat loaf as long as your making patties instead of links. You don’t need to use them just for breakfast, they grill up nice and make a super sandwich on a burger bun with a little mustard and perhaps some horseradish sauce. If you raise your own herbs, you are going to really enjoy this recipe:
- 3 pounds ground pork or turkey
- 2 tsp finely chopped savory
- 2 tsp finely chopped sage leaves
- 2 tsp finely chopped thyme leaves
- ½ tsp finely chopped rosemary leaves.
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper (medium grind)
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp fresh grated nutmet
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well
- Make into thin 2 ounce patties
- Wrap and freeze whatever patties you are not going to use within two days.
There are many different types of sausage that you can make at home and we will share some of those recipes as we get into eating clean. We look forward to your comments and your return visit.
Eat Healthy, Laugh Often and Enjoy Life~